International Folkboat 'Mahjong'
above: International Folkboat 'Mahjong'
Unique example of an International Folkboat, beautifully restored and renovated by Jeremy Rogers Limited over the winter of 2017/2018, and since then lightly used. Renovations were conducted with serious off-shore passage-making in mind but Mahjong is equally at home pottering round the Solent. Available for viewing at Lymington Yacht Haven.
- New teak interior (including teak and holly soled floor), including galley and chart table.
- New upholstery.
- New heads
- Origo single-burner alcohol stove; water tank (c. 30l) below stove with foot-pump and
deck filler; new fire extinguisher and fire blanket.
- LED reading lights in forepeak and saloon (including red LED over chart table).
- Windows removed and re-sealed; Ocean Air blinds
- Custom Perspex panel fitted in hatch over forepeak
- New teak washboards
- Teak cockpit; new teak tiller
- New pushpit and pulpit (pelican clips fitted for easy
access to pontoon/tender)
- New stern and foredeck cleats
- Hull epoxied and re-faired
- All new standing rigging and chainplates
- Andersen 28 stainless steel self-tailing winches
- New cruising mainsail by Sanders sails, 2 reefs; new furling headsail
(Harken roller furler); lazy-jacks
- New bulkhead compass
- New sanders sprayhood (with solar panels on), two cockpit tents, boom cover, tiller
cover - LED navigation lights (masthead and on pulpit/pushpit)
- Fitting for cockpit rowlocks added; wooden oars
Propulsion & Electronics
- Inboard Oceanvolt AX3 electric motor fitted with Valence lithium ion battery system
(7 kWh) (range display and throttle in cockpit)
- Range-extending Honda EU2i genset stored in lazarette
- Mastervolt 12v lithium ion house battery system
- new Garmin chart plotter over navigation table; AIS system and new VHF antennae;
- new Garmin VHF
- new tiller pilot
- electric bilge pump fitted
She can be seen in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI-ME3-eO4w
Lying:Lymington Yacht Haven
Contact: Please direct further queries to Dan Hills - firstname.lastname@example.org