Contessa 32 specifications
Below are the specifications for a new Contessa 32, available as a new build from Jeremy Rogers Limited.
Contessa 32 Specification Sheet
|LOA||9.75 m||32 ft|
|LWL||7.32 m||24 ft|
|Beam||2.90 m||9 ft 6 in|
|Draft||1.68 m||5 ft 6 in|
|Windward Sail Area||52.2 sq m||562 sq ft|
|Displacement||4309 kg||9500 lb|
|Lead Ballast||2042 kg||4500 lb|
Contessa 32 Hull and Deck
The hull and deck mouldings are made of very high quality polyester resins, using Lloyds approved materials and polyester gelcoats. The skin coat behind the gelcoat is laminated with an isophthalic polyester resin to prevent water penetration. Within the standard price a wide range of hull colour schemes is possible.
- Waterline and cove line in matching colours included.
- Internally encapsulated 2 ton lead ballast
- Weight: 4468lb (2026 kg)
- Total displacement: 9300lbs (4218.48kg)
- Glass fibre rudder with stainless steel stock. The rudder has 2 bronze bearings and a stainless steel lower attachment plate at the base of the skeg.
- All exterior woodwork is teak or Kebony, including cockpit floor grating, toe and grab rails.
- Self-draining cockpit with 2 bronze 1-Blakes tapered skin fittings connected to cockpit drains with reinforced PVC flexible pipe.
- Anchor locker sealed from interior and drained directly outboard. 10mm stainless steel u-bolt with backing plate fitted for chain attachment.
Contessa 32 Cockpit
- seating: 8mm solid teak or Kebony laid with large stowage locker to port, teak or Kebony floor grating
- enclosed gas bottle locker vented overboard stowage locker aft with bilge pump
- 2 winch handle lockers
- Harken mainsheet traveller aft of bridge deck
- Contest bulkhead compass fitted
Contessa 32 Deck Fittings
- Perspex main sliding hatch (cambered and tinted) with solid teak or Kebony washboards incorporating louvered vent. Internal and external locking device with lanyard to secure washboards
- Gebo 500x500mm forward opening fore hatch
- 8 toughened glass windows in aluminium frames
- Harken mainsheet track with traveller and four-part purchase control lines
- Harken genoa tracks on side decks complete with roller cars
- Stainless steel stemhead fitting with double anchor roller and drop nose pin
- 4 aluminium fairleads: 2 enclosed in forward bulkhead, 2 aft on taffrail mounted on stainless steel chafing plates
- 4 aluminium mooring cleats: forward 10", aft 8"
- Double rail stainless steel pulpit, pushpit with stainless steel stanchions and double guardwires
- Teak or Kebony grabrails on coachroof, through connected to main saloon grabrails
- Three stainless steel tannoy ventilators on coachroof near toilet compartment.
- Selden deck mast ring: aluminium with stainless steel attachment points for turning blocks, held down by 2 rigging screws with T terminals hooked into the mast below deck
- Deck organisers: (Harken) 2 triple sheaves
- Clutches (Spinlock): 2 treble jammers mounted at aft end of coachroof
- 2 Harken 46.2STA two speed genoa winches
- 2 Harken 20.2STA spinnaker winches mounted on cockpit coaming
- 2 Harken 35.2STA two speed halyard/control line winches (self tailing)
- One Harken single speed winch on back of mast for mainsail reefing + 3 locking levers on gooseneck
- One Harken single speed main halyard winch mounted on starboard side of mast.
- Ratchet type backstay adjuster (Sea Sure)
Contessa 32 Mast
- Silver anodised keel-stepped masthead spar
- Aerofoil spreaders with attachments for signal halyards.
- Integral luff groove track for mainsail slides fitted with sailslide gate.
- Internal halyards with provision for 2 headsails, 1 spinnaker, mainsail and single spinnaker pole lift.
- Deck and steaming light combined.
- Conduits: provision for additional instrumentation.
- Masthead burgee and 1 single halyard.
Contessa 32 Boom
- Selden silver anodised
- Internal 3:1 purchase sail outhaul + 3 integral reef lines, all with locking levers at gooseneck.
- Kicker strut (Selden): gas filled solid boom vang with tackle, leading to cockpit. No need for topping lift, although provision provided on mast.
Contessa 32 Standing Rigging
- 6mm 1x19 stainless steel wire with swaged end fittings and chrome bronze open body bottle screws.
Contessa 32 Running Rigging
- 1 genoa halyard: blue Harken Globe 1000 with stainless steel snap shackle.
- 1 main halyard red Harken Globe 1000 with captive pin shackle.
- Polyester mainsheet with Harken 6:1 blocks and jam cleat.
- 1 set polyester genoa sheets.
- Polyester signal and burgee halyards.
Contessa 32 Sails
- Dacron (7.5 US ozs) mainsail complete with sail battens, leech line, 3 slab reefing points, tell tails, insignia, sail number and bag.
- Dacron (7.5 US ozs) working jib complete with tell tails, leech line and bag
Contessa 32 Engine
- Beta 3 cylinder (20hp) fresh water cooled diesel engine, each driving a two blade fixed propeller through a conventional drive system OR a Beta / Hybrid Marine installation (at additional cost)
- Engine compartment sound insulation.
- Remote greaser for stern tube
- Stainless steel 12 gallon fuel tank with sight gauge, drain cock and deckfiller.
- Copper fuel piping with flexible connection to engine and filter.
- Single lever engine control operated from cockpit.
- Instrument panel
Contessa 32 Electrical
- 2 x 12volt 85+ amp hour batteries with single multi-function isolating switch
- Glassfibre battery box.
- Customised distributor panel complete with line drawing of vessel and light.
- Functions are protected by individual circuit breakers and indicator LEDs . (Steaming and deck lights cannot be used together) battery tester with LED display.
Contessa 32 Internal lighting
- 2 berth lights in forward cabin
- 1 overhead light and 2 berth lights in saloon
- 1 flexible chart light at chart table with red night bulb + standard white light
- 1 strip light over chart table
- 1 strip light over galley
- 1 overhead toilet light
Contessa 32 External lighting
- combined port and starboard bi-colour navigation light on pulpit
- stern light on pushpit
- combined steaming light and deck floodlight on mast
Contessa 32 Water Systems
- 18 gallon fresh water tank (stainless steel) in bilge under cabin sole unit + inspection cover.
- Deck filler
Contessa 32 Sundry Equipment
- 25lb CQR anchor with 10 metres galvanised
- 8mm chain and 30 metres nylon warp.
- 2 x 24 metres nylon mooring rope
- 3 PVC fenders with lanyards
- 2 x 10" (245mm) lock in winch handles
- 1 x 8" (203mm) lock in winch handle
Contessa 32 Gas Installation
- 1 camping gas bottle in drained locker, with regulator and flexible connection to copper tubing. All to comply with EU directives - provision for second gas bottle.
Terms of business
- The foregoing specification must be confirmed at point of sale - there may be changes when options chosen.
- 10% deposit required with order at which point the purchase price and delivery date will be confirmed.
- 30% stage payment will be due upon starting moulding
- 30% upon completion of moulding
- The balance and the cost of extra items to be paid prior to the yacht leaving the factory.